Apk-free.info – When the storage space of a laptop or computer is too full of various applications and files, the performance of the computer or laptop can decrease.
There are many types of files stored on the computer. One type of file is a junk file that results from all the activities you do on your computer.
For example, when you surf in cyberspace with a browser, it will leave a lot of junk files in the form of browsing history or caches of visited sites.
All these junk files will be stored in the available computer storage space. If there are too many, it will most likely have an effect on computer performance (such as running slower or feeling sluggish in the case of using HDD storage space).
Therefore, to speed up computer performance and keep the system healthy, you must do regular cleaning of junk files.
3 How to Clean Junk Files on Computer
In this post, we will share how to clean junk files on your computer, which you can do too. Read on for this article:
1. Using Disk Cleanup
The first way is to use Disk Cleanup. This method is quite practical because we do not need to install additional applications. In Windows already provided a tool called Disk Cleanup.
Using Disk Cleanup, you can manage which data is important and which can be deleted. To be able to use Disk Cleanup, please see below:
- Go to My Computer, then select Drive D.
- After that, right-click on Drive D and select Properties
- After going to Properties, you can click the Disk Cleanup button
- Next, there will be a scanning process whose time really depends on the number of files.
- When finished, then you can choose which file types to delete. Some files that should be deleted are
- temporary files, log files, various files in the recycle bin, and various other unimportant files.
- You don’t need to be afraid of files that will be deleted because all selected files are very safe to delete.
If you want to delete system files that are not visible by default, please press the Clean Up System Files button.
If it’s still not enough, you can click the More Options tab and press the Clean Up button under System Restore and Shadow Copies. When everything is ready, you just click OK and wait until the process is complete.
2. Using Storage Sense
If you don’t want to do it manually, Windows 10 also has a setting to delete junk data automatically. This feature is called Storage Sense.
You can activate it in the Storage section as you would delete it. Here’s how to use it:
- Open Settings (you can open Settings by pressing the Windows key and then selecting the gear icon/the usual icon used for the settings icon, or by pressing the Windows key at the same time as pressing the I key on the keyboard)
- Select the System menu, then select the Storage menu, look for the Storage sense option, and slide the slider to the on mode
- Click Change how we free up space
- Then select any temporary data that will be deleted automatically by ticking it.
3. Using CCleaner
The next way to clean junk files on a computer is to use the CCleaner application.
CCleaner has a number of very complete tools to perform PC cleaning tasks, ranging from cleaning temporary files, application cache, browser cache and tracker, and system registry.
Not only that, this application also has software uninstaller and updater tools to make sure there are no files left when we delete a program from Windows 10.
How to clean junk files in Windows 10 using CCleaner:
- Close all applications, especially browsers that are currently active.
- Open the CCleaner application.
- Go to the Easy Clean tab.
- Click Analyze and then wait until the scan process is complete.
- After the scan is complete, you will see a list of junk files that can be safely cleaned.
- Click the Clean All button.
- The Custom Clean menu can also be used to clean junk files from browsers or certain applications that we want. This feature is useful if you don’t want the cache files of a particular browser to be deleted because there is important data in it that you want to keep.
To clean the System Registry, we can use the Registry Cleaner feature, but in using this feature you have to be careful because if it is careless it can actually make the system error. We recommend that you do a backup first before using it.
On the Tools tab there are some quite useful functions such as Software Uninstaller and Updater to remove and check if there are the latest updates from programs installed on your Windows 10.
There is also a tool called Duplicate Finder which functions to detect duplicate files and clean them up. You can get this application for free, just download it from the official website at https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download.
Those are 3 ways you can use to clean junk files on your computer. Thank you for visiting, save and share this article if it’s useful!